Grading and Reporting
- First Quarter ends on Friday November 3rd
- StudentVue and ParentVue Grade Book will be unavailable from Friday November 3 – 4:00pm until Tuesday November 14 – 6:00am
- Quarter grades will be available through StudentVue and ParentVuw on November 14
SAT School Day and PSAT Scores
- SAT scores from October 11th test date will be available on College Board’s website on November 1st
- PSAT scores from October 11th test date will be available on College Board’s website on November 6th
- To retrieve scores students must have a College Board account
- Questions – please reach out to Jen Frate [email protected]
Academic Awards Ceremonies
- Sophomore Academic Awards Ceremony will be held at 9:45 (Advisory) on November 16th
- Junior and Senior Academic Awards Ceremony will be held at 9:45 (Advisory) on November 20th
- Awards are presented to students who received a 4.0 grade point average for the previous year in high school
National Honor Society Induction
- Thursday November 16th – 7:00pm in JMHS Auditorium
- Invites will be sent to students and parents
- Every year in FCPS we conduct wellness screenings of our 9th and 11th grade students. The lessons are conducted by our school counseling team. Please look for more specific information shortly with details and opting out options. The program used by the county for this lesson is called SOS Signs of Suicide which has been used at Madison for 15 years.
- Freshmen Wellness Screenings will take place through their Health and PE 9 class on November 10th and 13th.
- Junior Wellness Screenings will take place during Advisories on 11/27, 11/29 and 12/1
Spring 2024 Early Online College
- NVCC offers some tuition free courses to Fairfax County juniors and seniors
- Registration steps for the EOC program are linked here: https://www.nvcc.edu/online-early-college.
Director of Student Services
James Madison High School
Mental Health Resources and 24/7 Emergency Numbers
If you or someone you care about is in crisis or in case of a life threatening emergency, please call 911.
Additional Emergency Mental Health resources below:
· Crisis Regional Hotline – 703-527-4077
· Crisis Text – Text NEEDHELP to 85511
· Chat online with a specialist at ImAlive.org
· Call an emergency mental health center at 703-573-5679 (Merrifield Center), 703-536-2000 (Dominion Hospital), 703-289-7560 (Inova Emergency Services) or 1-844-627-4747 (Mobile Crisis Unit)
· Call National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-SUICIDE
FCPS Mental Health Emergency Resources – https://www.fcps.edu/resources/student-safety-and-wellness/school-psychology-services/mental-health-resources-and